Friday, August 15, 2008

Moving at the speed of... a trufi

I spend a lot of time traveling around the city in Micros, Trufis, and taxi trufis. It is the cheapest form of public transportation available but its not without its downside. Somedays I spend close to 3 hours in these things and believe me, I feel every minute of it. I often times come home and need to just rest to relieve the ¨trufi headache¨ that is pounding inside my head. A LOT of missionaries skip this cultural transportation and simply buy a car. Which I could do if I wanted to except for the fact that on average, my teams vehicles are in the shop about twice a month. It would save time but waste a ton more money, something I really don´t want to do. The other option is to take a taxi everywhere I need to go in the city. And that folks would get expensive really fast as well.

So even though I get a headache, or get frustrated with the traveling speed, I continue to ride this transportation because I do actually like it! I like seeing the people, making little babies smile, watching the culture out the windows and knowing, whether I ride for 5 mins or 1 1/2 hours, it will only cost me about 25 cents. :)

1 comment:

sarobet said...

I finally figured out how to leave a comment which is weird since I have my own blog and should know. Just wanted to say I have your blog on a notifier so anytime you post I get notified and read it. I guess I will see you in a couple of months. You should know you can set the comments so you see them first and have to approve them before they appear on your blog. Just in case someone says something nasty that you don't want to show. Don't forget my blog:
pifflings-sarobet and my flickr page for photos of the family.
Auntie Donna