Wednesday, January 21, 2009

This and That

Random is good. Random makes up most of my days. For example, all the girls in the home received christmas card type ornaments from a church in Canada (it was some sort of a fundraiser). All the cards had a message written in English. So the cards where given out and then I heard a House Tia say " and Kim will translate." All of a sudden 22 girls are crowding around me shoving christmas cards in my face demanding "what does this say?" Thankfully, many of them said just said Merry Christmas. But others had a short message that I was doing my best to translate correctly. Subjunctive in Spanish is difficult and doesn't exist in the same way in English. But it has to do with when you wish something for someone. So yeah, that was a challenge as I translated all the Christmas wishes.

The daycare has been going ok though we'e been short 2 babies for the last 2 weeks. That makes me sad cause I know they are not geting the nutrition they need in their homes. But 3 babies are easier to handle then 5! A random thing from there is this. One of my babies, I called her my escapee before, is a very sad quiet child. Rarely does she smile or laugh or really do a whole lot of anything. Except to escape the room of course! She is developmentally behind and is 1 year 3 months and not walking or talking. I randomly put her in a walker and she started walking around, she had the biggest smile on her face, showing all of her crooked teeth! I finally let her escape into the hall another time and she walked along all the walls and gates. And she loves it! She's fake talking, walking (with help), and having a great time of it. I've never seen her so animated. She stands all by herself and we work on walking with just holding on to one of my fingers. I have a lot of hope for this one. I think she'll be able to walk on her own very soon!

There is a vote this Sunday, lot of propoganda for vote YES and vote NO. Nobody really seems too worried about this one but of course, I'll let you know the result when I know it. I will of course be staying indoors on voting day which is what is recommended to all white folks.

More stuff coming soon, I promise!

No comments: